Pages

Pirate Mike,

Thanks for the question. I appreciate the opportunity to describe my perspective and my experience. Composing this response was incredibly helpful to me. Thank you for your question!

· Bashar and other teachers have said that the past and the future are illusions. Only the present matters.

· Einstein said – “People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

· There is a relevant quote that I really love:

“The past is history, the future is a mystery, but today is a gift, that’s why they call it the ‘present’. “

· The ‘present’ is where everything happens.

· Living in the moment can be a challenge.

· In the now, I have less connection to the past, and fewer expectations of the future.

· Rather than expectations, I have a knowing. I know everything works out eventually. The timeframe may vary, but everything always works out for the best.

· When we worry, we are not able to appreciate the wonder of it all.

· I envision the universe as a great machine which is like a masterful clockwork that meshes the desires and needs of everyone in a grand symphony. This concept works very well for me.

· One of my sayings is “It’s all good.” And indeed it is.

· No matter what seems to be happening, I remind myself that “It’s all good.”

· The more I go with the flow, the more the flow goes with me.

· When something seems to be going off track, I remind myself that there is a reason.

· I believe, no, I KNOW everything works out for the best. This allows me to go with the flow. I see it as completely coordinated and not at all random.

· I look for the synchronicity that I know is everywhere.

· I find so many syncs now that it’s truly amazing. If you are alert for them, they are everywhere. I would give you an anecdote, but there are so many that I can’t choose. It would be like telling you about a particular breath I took. It’s that pervasive and ever-present. There are hundreds each day.

· If I’m in a traffic jam, it’s for a reason. I know the sync is there. I just keep going with the flow.

· Sometimes the syncs are very visible, often they are subtle.

· Sometimes the syncs happen quickly, and sometimes the experience you just had syncs up weeks, or months, or years later.

· Instead of worrying, I work to observe the syncs. They are always there, but if you aren’t alert, they can be easily missed.

· I engage people in conversation. I look for connections. I ask questions, and they are everywhere.

· When you are open, and friendly, and positive, people open up to you and bang, you get tons more syncs.

· In focusing on the now, I get to be more conscious, more present, more engaged. When I see others who are focused on what is coming up, or what has already happened, and I can see how they are missing out on richness of the present moment.

· Remember, what you put out is what you get back.

· When I take the perspective of the now, I see things as more connected. I see the past and the future more as a part of the present. I see how things got here, and I see where they are going, all at once. As I do this more, I can see more of the past and the future possibilities that are present in each moment of now.

· When in the moment, I look for how I can be of service. This is HUGE. Sometimes the best way to be of service is to let another person serve you. I accept it with great appreciation and gratitude.

· I am less scheduled. I have larger blocks of time with less specific ‘deadlines’. We still have deadlines and such, but they are less of an effort.

I recently read a story where someone asked a monk how meditation can ease pain. He said something like, the pain is still there, you just don’t care about it anymore. Another aspect of pain is the anticipation of more pain. This is less of an issue if you stay in the moment.

Also, my friends seem to go with the flow better than ever now too.

The positive expectations are contagious.

No worries.

It’s all good!

Of course, I’m still human and I’ve got some stuff that worries me. Those are my projects. I work to apply the flow there too. They are more challenging because the sync timing is a lot longer. It’s taking months and months for some things to line up, but I can see it lining up. I can see the symphony of orchestration unfolding. Part of the reason some things are taking longer, is because I’m less clear about my goals. I think I want X, but then I play it out in my head, and I can see how X has all these drawbacks. So then I think about Y, and then I see the drawbacks there too.

I am trusting that my higher-self knows what it is doing and that I just have to be patient (one of my greatest challenges). Rather than go down a path that’s off track, and then get on another one in 6, 12, or 24 months, I’m seeing these alternative paths materialize and dematerialize in days and weeks instead. The pace is incredible.

Everything is a sync. This question of yours is a sync. It helped me to put into words some ideas that have been floating around in my head. I wanted to get them down in writing, and along comes your question. Bam, there’s another SYNC!

Just did a search on sync and found this book “SYNC: How order Emerges from the Chaos in the Universe, Nature, and Daily Life” by an MIT Mathematician, (Released in March 2003.)

http://www.amazon. com/SYNC- Emerging- Science-Spontane ous-Order/ dp/0786868449


Daniel


From: Bashar-List@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Bashar- List@yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of ppirate123
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 1:07 PM
To: Bashar-List@ yahoogroups. com
Subject: [Bashar-List] Living in the moment

Hello everyone,

I am new to this group, and have been reading all of your interesting bytes of information. I have a question rather to pose to the group for discussion.

How do you live in the moment?

That is a personal question to each of you, not a rhetorical question.

Thank you for allowing me to participate in these discussions!

Mike